Light and neutral colors have been steadily growing in popularity within the redecorating and remodeling sphere. Not only are these tones easy on the eyes, but they can be coupled with nearly any decor style you choose. In fact, in a survey conducted by Interior Design Trends in 2017, more than one-third of participants agreed that they’d choose a neutral color scheme when redecorating their homes. While a fresh coat of paint serves to brighten up a room, there is another option that homeowners should seriously consider.
Stick On Wood Panels
Stick on wood panels are perfect for the discerning homeowner who wants to bring a natural feeling into a room. Available in many different colors, they make for perfect accent walls, backsplashes, or full room renovations. A couple of benefits that come with these peel and stick wood wall planks include:
- Affordability Elegance doesn’t have to cost you an arm and leg. Stick on wood panels are affordable with some options only costing around $12 to $14 per square foot! This gives you the ability to tackle even larger projects without worrying about breaking your budget.
- Durability Stick on wood panels are also highly durable, making them perfect for high traffic areas and families with young children. Some options even come with 25-year warranties, meaning you can put them up without the worry of having to replace them any time soon.
- Simplicity Stick on wood panels are also incredibly easy to install. So much so that almost anyone can do it! You don’t need carpentry or woodcutting experience; all you really need to worry about is measuring your space and sticking them up. At most, you may have to trim a couple of boards to match the length of your wall. However, because these planks are thinner than alternatives, that won’t be a hassle even for inexperienced DIYers.
- Install Time Creating a peel and stick wood accent wall can be easier and less time consuming than painting. Depending on the size of your wall or room, many installs can be completed in a day’s time. You also won’t have to worry about laying down protective sheets or waiting for the wall to dry before moving furniture back. All you need to do is plot out your design (if you have a specific layout in mind), stick, and go. Before you know it, you’ll have a completely finished wall.
When it comes to installing stick on wood panels, there are many different design ideas that you can take advantage of. While inspiration abounds online, a couple of the most common include:
- Half Walls Panels can be used to make eye-catching and chic half wall designs that help break up the monotony of a single color wall. This can give a room or hallway more dimension and create an overall unique feeling to the space.
- Multi-Color Accent Wall If you want something with a little more ‘oomph’, selecting panels in a variety of like neutral colors can help breathe a little more life into your room. The multidimensional feeling is not only stunning, but it can give a feeling of warmth to a living room or bedroom.
- Designs If you’re feeling extra creative, or if you’re someone who wants a bit more uniqueness to their space, herringbone, chevron, or diagonal patterns are something that can be plotted out to create a truly captivating accent wall.
Stick on wood panels are something that often gets overlooked. If you want to create space that will set your home apart of all the rest, these panels are something to seriously consider. Not only are they versatile and easy to install, but they will last you for decades even in the highest traffic areas in your home. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a manufacturer today, and see what options they have available that can benefit you.